The museum aims to interpret heritage of Kenya to stimulate appreciation and learning. Nairobi National Museum tour lasts about 2 Hours and is a great eye opener into Kenya’s culture & history.
The museum holds a wide variety of most reputed collections relating to culture, history, and art hailing from East Africa and Kenya. This museum interprets Kenyan heritage for stimulating learning and appreciation. Nairobi Museum is a huge facility with many educating sections, which is the best educational center and one can easily spend all day here.
There is a guide in the entryway that offers all the information about each and every section of the museum. Upstairs in the people section, are displays of the cultures of various tribes in Kenya. Also, the museum contains dinosaur fossils found in Kenya.
Within the museum there is a cafe /restaurant with a large balcony that offers a great and breathtaking jungle view. It also has touristy shops selling local handmade jewellery, African artifacts and souvenir items.
There is an enormous statue of a dinosaur just at the entrance to the museum which is always a hit with children. Another major tourist attraction within the grounds is the Snake Park which has just been refurbished.
Nairobi Snake Park Tour
Nairobi Snake Park (NSP) is one of the National Museums of Kenya attractions located adjacent to Nairobi National Museum and is extremely popular with visitors. On display are, cobras, puff adders, mambas and the large African-Rock python (non-poisonous) found only in Kenya
Several species of crocodile found in Africa, the American alligator, fresh water terrapins and tortoises are also on display aquariums holding coral fish from the East African lakes and rivers are a main feature of the park.
Apart from the attraction, the Snake Park provided refuge and home for abandoned and unwanted reptiles including a giant tortoise that is still currently living at the park. The specimen was found wondering along a road in Limuru in 1961. The Snake Park has continued to provide refuge to a number of abandoned, threatened, rescued and unwanted reptiles to date.
The Snake Park has continued to attract visitors steadily over the years. The public in Nairobi over the years to date has continued to receive help in removal of snakes from residential premises as well as advice on handling of reptiles especially snakes.
Snake identification service is also provided. Visitors to the Snake Park get to enjoy the exhibits of reptiles, fish and succulent plants.
Nairobi National Museum Day Tour Price includes:
- Price per person
- Professional English speaking guides
- All entry fees, service charge and taxes
- Visit to Nairobi National Museum & Snake Park
- Pickup from your hotel in Nairobi and drop-off to your hotel
Nairobi National Museum Day Tour Does Not include:
- Optional activities
- Travelers insurance
- Tips or gratuity, drinks
- International airfares and airport taxes
- Laundry, communication charges, visas
- Meals, sightseeing not included in the package
- Personal expenses such as transfers to/from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
What’s included on the price of the safari.
Transport based on customized seven-sitter safari Van with specially modified suspension.Seats designed with seat belt and all clients are guaranteed window seats.
- All applicable game Park Entrance fees.
- All Camping Fees
- Finest accommodation offered in tent.
- Three meals a day while on Safari.
- Airport picks up on arrival in Nairobi.
- Professional Safari Guide/Driver.
- Guaranteed departures for two or more passengers booking this safari.
- Round trip transport from Nairobi to the designated National Park.
- Pre–tour itinerary document.
- Extensive Game drives.
What’s not included on the price of the safari.
- Personal expense such as communication charges like emails, faxes, and phone calls
- Drinks like sodas, water, beer and wines
- Gratuity for the driver guide, waiter
- The cost of obtaining visa
- Pre- tour accommodation which can be arranged on request.