A Nairobi Day Tour/ Trip to a Sanctuary for Orphaned Elephants, Rhinos and Other Animals, Daphne Sheldrick’s Elephant Animal Orphanage (Tour Duration: 2 Hours)
Open to the public from 11:00hrs to 12:00hrs daily. Located at The Nairobi National Park, Daphne Sheldrick’s Elephant Orphanage looks after and supports orphaned baby elephants and rhinos who have lost their mothers to poaching, death, injuries, on getting lost in the wild or other tragedies.
Besides feeding, washing and walking the babies, Daphne and her dedicated staff of keepers provide emotional support to the orphans as they raise them to be released back into the wild when they are ready. It is worth a visit to the park to see the young elephants interacting with their keepers – playing, taking mud baths and being fed with milk.
This is a rare sight to watch and a most memorable way to get up close to the babies and observe their playful habits, something which is not possible or even safe during your safari in the wild.
What’s included on the price of the safari.
Transport based on customized seven-sitter safari Van with specially modified suspension.Seats designed with seat belt and all clients are guaranteed window seats.
- All applicable game Park Entrance fees.
- All Camping Fees
- Finest accommodation offered in tent.
- Three meals a day while on Safari.
- Airport picks up on arrival in Nairobi.
- Professional Safari Guide/Driver.
- Guaranteed departures for two or more passengers booking this safari.
- Round trip transport from Nairobi to the designated National Park.
- Pre–tour itinerary document.
- Extensive Game drives.
What’s not included on the price of the safari.
- Personal expense such as communication charges like emails, faxes, and phone calls
- Drinks like sodas, water, beer and wines
- Gratuity for the driver guide, waiter
- The cost of obtaining visa
- Pre- tour accommodation which can be arranged on request.