Day 1: Nairobi-Arusha
Leave Nairobi for Arusha by shuttle bus arriving in time for lunch. Afternoon spent at leisure and shopping for the provisions needed for the mountain. Dinner and overnight in an Arusha Hotel.
Day 2: Arusha-Lava caves
After breakfast, transfer to Marangu gate and then to Umbwe village to start the climb. Climb for four hours through the rain forest to camp at the caves 2800m above sea level.
Day 3: Lava caves-Baranco hut
After breakfast, continue ascending along a sharp ridge, giving a distinct high mountain feeling, then onto the moorland camp and by mid afternoon stay at the Baranco hut 3900m.
Day 4: Baranco hut- Arrow glacier
A 4 hour walk past enormous breach wall to camp at the foot of the Arrow glacier. A leisurely afternoon and evening, acclimatizing at around 4,900m and watching the sunset behind Mt. Meru.
Day 5: Arrow glacier – Kilimanjaro crater rim
Climbing the same steep scrambling up the screes and across the frozen lava on the tottering wall. We camp on the stunning crater rim of Kilimanajro.
Day 6: Kilimamajaro crater rim – Horombo hut
You trek up the highest point in Africa, Uhuru peak(5896m).Descend via Gilman’s point and Kibo hut for dinner and overnight.(3761m).
Day 7: Horombo hut – Arusha
After breakfast, descend to Marangu Park gate via Mandara. You will be transferred to Arusha for dinner and overnight.
Day 8: Arusha – Nairobi
After breakfast, leave for Nairobi by morning or afternoon shuttle bus, where the tour ends.
What’s included on the price of the safari.
Transport based on customized seven-sitter safari Van with specially modified suspension.Seats designed with seat belt and all clients are guaranteed window seats.
- All applicable game Park Entrance fees.
- All Camping Fees
- Finest accommodation offered in tent.
- Three meals a day while on Safari.
- Airport picks up on arrival in Nairobi.
- Professional Safari Guide/Driver.
- Guaranteed departures for two or more passengers booking this safari.
- Round trip transport from Nairobi to the designated National Park.
- Pre–tour itinerary document.
- Extensive Game drives.
What’s not included on the price of the safari.
- Personal expense such as communication charges like emails, faxes, and phone calls
- Drinks like sodas, water, beer and wines
- Gratuity for the driver guide, waiter
- The cost of obtaining visa
- Pre- tour accommodation which can be arranged on request.