Karen Blixen Camp
Karen Blixen Museum Day Tours View Rates, Discounted Prices – Book & Save Now!
Karen Blixen Museum Nairobi Day Tour visits the famous Karen Blixen Museum located on the outskirts of Nairobi on Karen road. Its history dates back to 1914, during the First World War, with the arrival of Karen Blixen from Denmark.
At the foot of Ngong Hills, Karen Blixen established herself as a farmer. After her departure in 1931, the suburbs retained the commemorative home of Karen. The Danish government donated the house and the surrounding land to Kenya after independence.
The house was restored by the Danish government, and was used during the filming of “Out of Africa” which immortalized Karen Blixen’s book by the same name. Karen Blixen Museum was opened to the public in 1986. A striking feature about Karen Blixen Museum is the beautiful grounds.
The house built in 1910 has a red tile roof and mellow wood paneling in the rooms. When Karen Blixen bought the property, it had 6,000 acres of land but only 600 acres were developed for growing coffee; the rest was retained under natural forest.
Much of the original furniture is on display in the house. The original kitchen has been restored, and is now open for viewing. A Dove Stove similar to the one used by Karen Blixen is on display, as are the kitchen utensils. Reconstruction of the coffee factory, along with other old farm machinery is underway.
The aim here is to take an individual back in time, and provide a visual impression of each settler life in Kenya. Karen Blixen Museum has become a herb of various activities including private parties, research and visitation, from all over the world. The income so generated is used to refurbish and maintain Karen Blixen Museum and other regional museums.
* Karen Blixen Museum Nairobi Day Tours depart daily from Nairobi Hotels
Karen Blixen Museum Nairobi Tour Rates Includes:
* Price per person
* All Park Entry Fees, Service Charge and Taxes
* Pickup from your hotel in Nairobi and drop-off to your hotel
* Professional English speaking African Spice Safaris Driver Guide
* Visit Karen Blixen Museum in Langata, Karen District Nairobi, Kenya
Karen Blixen Museum Nairobi Tour Rates Excludes:
* Travelers Insurance
* Personal expenses such as drinks
* Gratuity to your Safari Driver Guide
* Optional activities the stipulated itinerary
* Meals, sightseeing not included in the package
* Communication charges, visas, international airfares and airport taxes
* Transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)